free website stats program Brandon, Miss. | Harley Davidson Forums

Brandon, Miss.

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
This is a story I got from several news services, hope it's true:

Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers funeral was to be protested by the fine folks of Westboro Baptist Church (WBC). A few days before the service one of the WBC members was running off at the mouth at a local service station, when someone took offense to his statements and kicked his tail. When the police arrived the WBC member could not identify the attacker and the crowd that had gathered didn't see what happened. On the day of the service all the vehicles with Kansas tags in a local motel had trucks parked behind them and the wrecker service was running way behind and it took two hours to finally move the trucks (the service was over by then). The few that did make it to the service were picked up by the local police and questioned about a crime they may have been involved in, they were released two hours later after the police determined they weren't involved. Needless to say the service went on without any protestors present.

This is a story I got from several news services, hope it's true:

Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers funeral was to be protested by the fine folks of Westboro Baptist Church (WBC). A few days before the service one of the WBC members was running off at the mouth at a local service station, when someone took offense to his statements and kicked his tail. When the police arrived the WBC member could not identify the attacker and the crowd that had gathered didn't see what happened. On the day of the service all the vehicles with Kansas tags in a local motel had trucks parked behind them and the wrecker service was running way behind and it took two hours to finally move the trucks (the service was over by then). The few that did make it to the service were picked up by the local police and questioned about a crime they may have been involved in, they were released two hours later after the police determined they weren't involved. Needless to say the service went on without any protestors present.

I did not see any protesters at all. With a similar incident in Ocean Springs, Ms. a few years back I can see the locals in Brandon doing exactly what was said.

Good deal....Its best I dont say what I think should be done to aneyone that would protest a military funeral....Poof poof

That is awesome. Not that I would want it to become hostile but a good butt kicking I can tolerate. It is about time that folks step up and do what is necessary to honor the family's of these fallen heroes. And a thank you for the owners of the trucks and the local police force. I salute this fallen soldier and my prayers go out to the family.

Good deal....Its best I dont say what I think should be done to aneyone that would protest a military funeral....Poof poof

Oh ..POOF ,does not mean shoot someone.......I love having a free country but some things have gotten out of hand....:(

I think that is great. I know I would have a hard time keeping my cool with people like that.

Wow, sounds like a bad day for WBC. I hate for them, stuff happens at the strangest of times............

Bodeen

Westboro Baptist Church has to get a parade permit in order to protest. If all municipalities would impose a 30 to 60 day lead time to obtain the permit it would basically put these idiots out of business. Just my thoughts.

Back