free website stats program BRAND Of Fuel Poll | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

BRAND Of Fuel Poll

• Total voters
This may have been posted earlier in the thread...
BMW recommends Chevron (at least they did in '91) to help keep fuel injectors clean as well as reduce valve deposits (they add Techron to their fuels). I use that if I have a choice.

I was told that Shell is one of the only gasoline dealers that does not use additves such as ethanol and I do run premium because of the slower controlled "burn" of a higher octane fuel.I never have noticed pinging on my Harley on regular gas but do get it on my Moto Guzzi unless I use premium.

I have always used the highest octane I can buy bike runs great, I use sunoco when I'm around home or if one is available when riding on trips if not I BP, Pennzoil

I typically buy BP - it's my understanding that they don't purchase oil from Chavez. I guess I'm tired of his rhetoric. I try not to purchase Mobil either. A couple of months on an island in Prince William Sound will do that.

I use WaWa gas because the station is close to my home, the prices are reasonable, and I can get the paper there too. I have spoken, over the years, to several folks who worked in refineries, and from what they say, all of the gas, regardless of brand, comes from the same refinery tank.

Not too many Shell stations where I'm from, so I usually use Marathon. When I'm traveling, and if Shell is available, that's what I use. Bike seems to run better for some reason. I look for the pumps that have individual hoses for each octane. I don't know if it's true, but was told once that pumps with a single hose, you get a half gallon or so of whatever the person ahead of you bought.

I prefer Sunoco; I always seem to get the best performance from it regardless of whether it has 2 or 4 wheels. I still use octane booster in my bike and the occasional STP fuel injector cleaner and fuel additive in the truck.

WOW!

A poll that has escaped the "cutting room floor"!!!!

(No additional comment required!)

:lolrolling :lolrolling :lolrolling

Aside from the sarcastic remark.....(No additional comment required!)

You'll find that polls that contain useful information and contribute something to the forum members as far as the content that will aid in their decisions will remain open like this poll and others like the oil poll etc. that do contain useful information.

Back