free website stats program Brand new ride!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Brand new ride!!

Mavagrand

Started out Friday looking at a Jeep Wrangler, then test drove a Grand Cherokee that we really liked. Couldn't close the deal Friday so planned on coming in Saturday morning to finish the deal. Come Saturday, decided to swing by the Ford dealership just to check. They had a sweet 2012 Ford Escape on the lot that was absolutely stunning. This thing is vivid black with beautiful chrome accents (like my scoot). Ford has really improved with their quality, IMO. This truck, while smaller than I prefer, rides smooth and, with it's 3.0L V6 has plenty of power. It comes with a back up camera, backup assist and that weird self parallel parking that Ford has. The MySync is kinda cool but I still haven't figured it out completely.

Good deal Mark, IMO Ford has improved leaving some of the lesser Mazda designs, I think you have a winner, pay attention to the oil you use and DO use the viscosity it calls for on the cap, Fords are funny about this:s

Enjoy all of the toys in it.They do take a bit to get used to.The new Ford motors are hard to beat.It will take the others a bit to catch up.

A very nice choice...the Ford Escape...! Having worked for Mazda when it was a division of Ford...the "roots" of their "mid-sized UTE" was the Ford Ranger...which was Mazda based. It combined the best of Japanese technology and "American style" for the American market and roads from the ground up. Back in 2002 Ford was just starting to turn around their QA/QC...as a QA/QC manager I could see the "mind set" was visual inspection based on 1-2 feet away from the surface was okay for domestic sales here...

In Japan that distance was more like 6" and the use of magnification was okay...that was a real culture shock to me, when I was introduced to internal inspection procedure documents. That hopefully appears to have changed, as now when I go to the Ford dealership looking with the "trained" eye, domestics are now "measuring up"...a big thumbs up from me...! :D

Good deal Mark, IMO Ford has improved leaving some of the lesser Mazda designs, I think you have a winner, pay attention to the oil you use and DO use the viscosity it calls for on the cap, Fords are funny about this:s

Thanx, Jack. I'll definately do that. The manual calls for 5W20..I'll probably run synthetic in it with this Florida heat. I'll post some pix tomorrow.

We still good for Lessburg on the 28th??

Back