free website stats program brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

brakes

More and likely the pedal pivot is rusted and sticking. Disassemble pivot clean rust lube and reassemble..

i went to take off and back brakes locked up Came back to house took brakes off to realse them Went for a ride again andn once again the locked up I can push on brake pedal and the brakes lock up

i went to take off and back brakes locked up Came back to house took brakes off to realse them Went for a ride again andn once again the locked up I can push on brake pedal and the brakes lock up

is that something i could myself I know alittle about working on bikes And yes i tring to learn

So what you are saying is pedal is not releasing when pressure is removed.

Dirt or corrosion around the calliper piston preventing it from moving back into the calliper
Remove calliper from its mount use the brake leaver to push the piston out just a wee bit and clean the piston
Here is a link to replacing the rear pads on an evo softail all the same parts just on the other side of the bike but it should give you all the info you need
Harley Davidson Forums

The brake master cylinder may need a rebuild using a rebuild kit which replaces the cylinder and piston along with all the seals

Brian

While they are locked up, crack open the bleeder on the caliper.
If still locked up its the caliper.
If pistons open up, it's a bad line or master cylinder.

While they are locked up, crack open the bleeder on the caliper.
If still locked up its the caliper.
If pistons open up, it's a bad line or master cylinder.

A collapsed brake hos will do the same thing

Back