free website stats program brake/taillights | Harley Davidson Forums

brake/taillights

im haveing a problem that maybe someone can help with and it has me baffled. the brake light on my 1992 flhtc stopped working,well when i check it with the test light it will come on when pressing the brakes but will not work with the bulb and i have tried several bulbs,next i tried another brake light assembly and still have the same problem, so my next step is i remove the tail light assembly and test with test light to bare wires,and get the same results therefor telling me that after two differant assemblys something other is wrong then i tried touching the bare wires on the bulb it self and only taillight comes on but no brake light. i hope that someone out there can help me with this because it has me very confused

Check for damaged wiring under the fender.
WAP.gif

As Hartoo said, check the wires under the rear fender.

My buddy's softail had a similar problem and he had to replace the wiring board in the taillight assembly. Good luck!

Also check, sometimes the spring under center of socket sticks and does not make a good contact on bulb.

most of the time it is the ground . might need to check that, mine was the tail light and not the brake light . cleaned the socket real good and v'wala

Back