free website stats program brake question | Harley Davidson Forums

brake question

Redman

I was on my way to work this a.m. and I applied the rear brake and my pedal collapsed to the end of its range and I did a quick front end brake and swerve to miss the car in front of me...all is good. My question is...after inspection of all parts,lines etc...what happened that I now have a large air bubble in the inspection window and no visable leaks anywhere? I was also wondering if anyone can recommend a good brake line bleeder kit. Thanks for your help as always!:s

More than likely the cylinder needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I wouldn't trust it just bleeding it. When the seals in the cylinder let go this is what happens.

Aye as Glider said collapsed seal on the master cylinder piston time for a rebuild

Brian

If this happened on the '09 in your avitar, you need to do (have) a complete inspection done of the rear brake system. Something is BAD wrong for that to happen on that new of a bike.

09 model do you have any warranty left? Sounds like a bad master cylinder

nope ...no warranty left. I was looking for a cost on the part (master cylinder) as I figure if that is it I will do it myself.

Go to the Harley re-call websight .
Harley had a large re-call for a defective rear brake line that would or could collapse from the inside all of a sudden .
See if your bike was one of the bikes on the re-call list .
Moco will fix at no charge . :newsmile093:

nope ...no warranty left. I was looking for a cost on the part (master cylinder) as I figure if that is it I will do it myself.

Go to the Harley re-call websight .
Harley had a large re-call for a defective rear brake line that would or could collapse from the inside all of a sudden .
See if your bike was one of the bikes on the re-call list .
Moco will fix at no charge . :newsmile093:

Check this out first:s

Back