Brake pads

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by jachey, Aug 26, 2012.

1. jachey

jachey Member

What brake pads are best for my 01 Ultra Classic? I bought new rear pads at my local HD dealer and they squeak when the breaks are applied. I did sand the rotor and use anti squeak spray on the back of the pads.

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

H D pads are a good choice, the noise can be from several things, did you check the pins for wear, did you lube them? Beware of cheaper pads IMO If you have anti rattle hardware you need to make sure it did not slip out of place

3. jachey

jachey Member

I did lube the pins. Does Harley sell anti rattle plates of any sort?

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

The Brake pads from HD for my bikes all evo bikes have anti squeal pads on the front and shims on the rear pads although i always coat the back plate of the pads with copper grease and that tends to eliminate any squeal

[​IMG]

Brian

5. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Good advice by both, Jack's been doing brakes for a living for over 30 years, he know's his stuff.

6. BigG

BigG Active Member

I run EBC. Kevlar against my chrome floating rotor in front and sintered pads against my rear stock rotor

7. hutch56

hutch56 New Member

I am going to recommend GOLDfren pads, runnning them on my 2001 Roadking, XL1200 sporty & my sons Buell Lighting, performance is very good.