free website stats program Brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads

jachey

What brake pads are best for my 01 Ultra Classic? I bought new rear pads at my local HD dealer and they squeak when the breaks are applied. I did sand the rotor and use anti squeak spray on the back of the pads.

What brake pads are best for my 01 Ultra Classic? I bought new rear pads at my local HD dealer and they squeak when the breaks are applied. I did sand the rotor and use anti squeak spray on the back of the pads.

H D pads are a good choice, the noise can be from several things, did you check the pins for wear, did you lube them? Beware of cheaper pads IMO If you have anti rattle hardware you need to make sure it did not slip out of place

The Brake pads from HD for my bikes all evo bikes have anti squeal pads on the front and shims on the rear pads although i always coat the back plate of the pads with copper grease and that tends to eliminate any squeal

DSCF0091Medium.jpg

Brian

Good advice by both, Jack's been doing brakes for a living for over 30 years, he know's his stuff.

I run EBC. Kevlar against my chrome floating rotor in front and sintered pads against my rear stock rotor

I am going to recommend GOLDfren pads, runnning them on my 2001 Roadking, XL1200 sporty & my sons Buell Lighting, performance is very good.

Back