free website stats program Brake pads | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads

Depends, if you have polished rotors like I do then you need organic pads in order to prevent scratching. I just replaced front and back with organic pads I bought on Ebay for $37.00 all in. I do my pads every 10,000 miles, do the work myself (it's very simple and saves you big bucks and takes about two hours) so the brand isn't as important as the frequency of changing them out, plus you get to wrench on your own bike!

After reading all the posts and thinking about it for a while,I belive i'll go with the Lyndall Z.Thanks for thoughts and sugestions!

While my OEM pads performed the braking procedure without fault, they did squeal loudly which is what prompted me to look for other options leading me to try the Lyndall pads. If not for the squealling I probably would have gone with the OEM pads. Just saying.......:)

Yes. The horrible squealing prompted me to buy Lyndal racing pads (don't worry about the racing part) and they are super quiet and brake hard and smoothly. I actually had bought mine at the local Harley dealer but when i went to buy more they told me they couldn't sell them anymore as they were cutting into OEM sales. Of course all bikers talk and when you roll to stop along with a bunch of screaming banshees's they all ask what kind of pad you have? My 2 cents.:p

Back