free website stats program Brake pads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads

What do you think are the best brake pads .My glide needs a set and I would like some opinions!

The key to your question is to end it with --for my needs?

Did the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) pads perform to your liking?

Did you have anything you found like mileage or performance that was not?

If the answer is yes to the first and no to the second...the OEM pads are probably the "--best for your application"!

If you answered no to the second...ask yourself what are the important "hot buttons" for example:

Lyndall pads are liked because they do not dust as much, and their performance is on par with OEM...downside, they are more expensive than the OEM ones and not found in stock or immediately available.

EBC pads performance has been "spotty" some have good performance, but wear out quickly. Most metric sizes are available at most independent metric shops and aftermarket suppliers like Cycle Pro...BUT not H-D ones...

Just some food for thought regarding options..."--your ride, you decide..."! Only you know your application...solo, 2-up, short rides or long touring rides, fair weather or wet/mountain riding...etc."

NEWHD74FAN brings up an important point:
It's hard to know what you're after without your telling us.
Do you have stock pads now (Brembo system?), and are you happy with their performance/other issues?

Personally, I'm seeking the very best braking performance, regardless of added brake dust, or rapid wear, but that's me with my daily city traffic riding...
I'm therefore putting EBC floating rotors with matching (sintered IIRC) pads on. We'll see how they perform...
As I understand it, the Brembo's with their original pads are good units. If I'm still not happy with the braking, I might try to convert next winter.

I know just enough about brakes to install them and use them, and I do know that the variety is available for good reason. Really depends on your application. A PM to Chopper would be well worth your time. Tell him the problem, and what you would like and I bet he bounces back some great advice.

Chopper posted this on his facebook page last night...

Chop's Garage is now a Official Dealer for LYNDALL Z Pads!

What makes Lyndall Brake Pads so special?
LYNDALL pads are of the Carbon-Kevlar variety. They contain a premium blend of DuPont Carbon-Kevlar, nonferrous metal with a high transfer rate. Once the pad material has transferred a layer to the rotor, the rotor becomes one big brak...

Back