free website stats program Brake pads for my 08 Roadking | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads for my 08 Roadking

My 2009 Dyna FXDL. Front pads part # 44082-08,, $34 after normal everyday discount..

MSRP $41.00

I would double check where & who is selling you the parts. Your out of U.S. maybe?
I have twin rotors. I believe your FXDL has a single rotor unless I am mistaken. My Harley dealer does not give any discount on parts either.

I have twin rotors. I believe your FXDL has a single rotor unless I am mistaken. My Harley dealer does not give any discount on parts either.

Only takes a second to check online with Zanotti's or Chicago HD and see what kind of deal you can get. Often it's a lot cheaper, even with the shipping added in.

If you have dual rotors and did not shop for a price, of course it will be expensive.

Think what it would be if we had Quad rotors and lived in Canada.. :D

Installed EBCs at 15,000 (08 RK). No squeaks but the fronts have always made a slight "fluttering" noise while rolling along. It quiets when the brakes are applied. The rear is just the opposite, it is quiet while running down the road but makes that fluttering noise when the brake is applied. I would liken it to a soft cicada chirp that varies with speed. I don't remember any similar noise from the factory Brembos. As the price is not much different, I plan to go back to the Brembo pads at the next change. Now have 29,000 total on the machine, so only about 14k on the EBCs. They seem to be wearing better than the factory pads and a bit less dust. Also, I notice no difference in stopping effort between the two brands.

Installed EBCs at 15,000 (08 RK). No squeaks but the fronts have always made a slight "fluttering" noise while rolling along. It quiets when the brakes are applied. The rear is just the opposite, it is quiet while running down the road but makes that fluttering noise when the brake is applied. I would liken it to a soft cicada chirp that varies with speed. I don't remember any similar noise from the factory Brembos. As the price is not much different, I plan to go back to the Brembo pads at the next change. Now have 29,000 total on the machine, so only about 14k on the EBCs. They seem to be wearing better than the factory pads and a bit less dust. Also, I notice no difference in stopping effort between the two brands.

My bike makes the same noise..to me though it sounds like crickets chirping. I heard it when my bike was new....it went away after awhile. Now that I have new pads it's back..figure it will go away as the pads wear.

I have polished rotors on the front and always use aftermarket organic pads. I change them before needed so brand name really isn't that important to me. What I'm looking for is stopping power, non scratching and even rotor wear. Changing pads is very simple (go to self help for instructions) and I recommend doing it yourself at 10K intervals. I bought three sets of organic pads on Ebay delivered for 37.00, hard to beat.

Back