free website stats program Brake pads for my 08 Roadking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads for my 08 Roadking

Thanks for the info. I'm getting a new rear tire next week and I think I'll get them to change the rear pads at the same time.

A lot easier to change pads when the wheel is off, I learned that the hard way, when my bike was in for a new tire I was told it also needed pads and an additional 15 minutes labor charge, told them I would do the pads myself, It can be done with the wheel on but not fun.

I installed a set of EBC Double H on my RG before my trip. They seem to preform well with little dust. We will see how long they last.

I just put these pads on my front end. Only got about 300 miles on them, keeping an eye on my rotor as I think these pads may be rougher than the HD pads.

I just installed a set Lyndall Z pads on the front of my '04...32k on the originals...these are dustless pads and I have had no noises coming from the pads at all...which is something I could never say about HD pads...hopefully with the dustless pads I wont have to clean my calipers every year just to keep a solid lever pull...if so, the $20. difference will be well worth it!

EBC probley makes Brembo pads..lol EBC makes a lot of OEM pads

No wonder. I had a cage once that came from the factory with Brembo Calipers. I could not keep those wheels clean. The Dusting was the worse I had ever seen in my life. Twenty five miles and the wheels were black. I had the same problem when using EBC pads on another cage I owned.

No wonder. I had a cage once that came from the factory with Brembo Calipers. I could not keep those wheels clean. The Dusting was the worse I had ever seen in my life. Twenty five miles and the wheels were black. I had the same problem when using EBC pads on another cage I owned.

i get that on rkc with the brembo

What was strange on the cage with the Brembo I owned, the brake dust was not the normal "gray" & "orange" type brake dust. This stuff was charcoal black almost like graphite. It was terrible.
Trying to keep that car clean was a full time job.

Back