free website stats program Brake pads for my 08 Roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads for my 08 Roadking

elkhunter149

Account Removed
Any comments on which brake pads I should replace the stock HD pads on my 08 Roadking with. What's the best brand and materials. I use a sidecar with its own brake.:25:

As Smitty says, the stock HD pads are pretty good, but what pads or shoes are in your side car (could be automotive ones?).

profilepic18782_1.gif

The stock HD Brembo pads are hard to beat for wear and longevity. When Brembo was introduced in 08 the rear break squeaked terribly. Now the rear pad kit includes a paste to apply to rear of pads. Squeal is now gone. My rear pads were changed out at 11,000mi, fronts still looking good (but getting close) @ 25,000mi. Thought about another aftermarket pad, but long term reviews tell me I made correct decision staying with HD Brembo's.

I installed a set of EBC Double H on my RG before my trip. They seem to preform well with little dust. We will see how long they last.

I installed a set of EBC Double H on my RG before my trip. They seem to preform well with little dust. We will see how long they last.

EBC has been around for a while, they produce brakes for alot of the after market, that said I still like H D pads as Smitty said about the wearing issues :s

My indy mechanic seconded what Smitty has said - the HD pads are the best combination of price, performance, and longevity without accelerating rotor wear.

Just wondering what kind of mileage you have? My 05 Ultra has 33,000 miles and I still have about 1/3 wear left. How long should pads last anyway?

Thanks for the info. I'm getting a new rear tire next week and I think I'll get them to change the rear pads at the same time.

Back