free website stats program Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?) | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?)

Bluesugar

Hello to all,...It's time to replace the brake pads....I didn't want to go OEM and was wondering if anyone has used the "Dupont Kevlar carbon graphite organic compound" type?...I also was reading about the "Lyndall Gold and Z plus" type....I searched the site for a Poll but didn't find one...Maybe glider or someone could put one up so we all could get some feedback on the brake pads out there....Thanks

The Lyndall are about the best with low dusting to boot. That always drove me nuts with the wide whites on my RK.

There's so many choices with brake pads that it would be best served to just get the replies here in this post IMO as to what pads are favored or used on the Harleys.

I'll pin this thread to the top of the forum.

Lyndall Z-Plus for my FLHRC. Gotta love the fact that they generate very little brake dust on the wide whitewalls. I didn't notice any stopping gain or loss.

It's usually the metallic composition that eat up the rotors Smitty. The Kevlar and other pads like the Lyndall are a lot more gentile on the rotors.

I just put pads on mine this weekend. I use the Harley ones ,haven't noticed that much dust . But i don't have the wide white walls either.

I switched to Lyndall brakes about two months ago and its the only way to go increased brake stops and less cleanup.

lyndell Z plus are formulated for your OEM rotors they offer added stopping power ,longer life then stock pads and less dust.......

Glider I have to challenge you on the choice of Lyndalls. I have my first set and my last set on the bike now. The Lyndalls are useless in the rain. For a premium pad they are useless!!! I was using pads that I paid $20 for and I tell you they outperformed these Lyndalls in every respect. I still have them and after 30000 miles they still have another 30 left in them. Rain never bothered them, they weren't dirty and they wear like iron and haven't worn the rotors.I will not recommend Lyndalls to anyone

Kemo

Call them and talk to them, they are regular guys and offer a money back guaranty on the pads. First I have ever heard of this.

Back