free website stats program Brake Line Length | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Line Length

I bought a set of 12 inch mini ape hangers and a 2 inch riser for them.

I have a 2003 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger. Every cable fits up onto the bars, however my brake hose is too short to reach up there. I am curious. I have a stock hose on there now, what length do you think would be necessary to make it work?

I think if you add the amount that you raised the master cylinder to the length of the original hose it should work good.

I bought a set of 12 inch mini ape hangers and a 2 inch riser for them.

I have a 2003 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger. Every cable fits up onto the bars, however my brake hose is too short to reach up there. I am curious. I have a stock hose on there now, what length do you think would be necessary to make it work?

I had a 2007 1200SE that had 12 inch mini apes on it stock. I would think that you might get what you need from your local HD dealer unless of course its been discontinued

If you add the amount of raise difference from original bars to the 12 inch mini ape hangers plus the 2 inch riser to the original brake hose, I think it should get you where you may need to be.
Than talk with the parts guy so he can find a hose close to the length.
It seems to me if they are going to sell optional bars and risers they should have the needed brake hose to make it right.

Back