free website stats program Brake Lights always on | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Lights always on

Roadglide06

My brake lights on my 2006 Roadglide will not shut off. Ihave no idea how long this has been going on,I got my sticker 1.5 months ago and they worked fine.

More than likely it's the brake light switch in the hand brake under the master cylinder that's broken off. If you changed levers, that's usually when they break if you don't shim the switch when you replace the lever.

More than likely it's the brake light switch in the hand brake under the master cylinder that's broken off. If you changed levers, that's usually when they break if you don't shim the switch when you replace the lever.

I'm with Glider on this one. It's common to break the tip off the S/L switch after replacing levers or putting things back together after changing switch housing or switch caps. I've done it once or twelve times myself. It would be interesting to know how many the motor company sells in a year.

check the rear one too .. doug09ultras was stuck on last week and it was the one for the rear

My brake lights on my 2006 Roadglide will not shut off. Ihave no idea how long this has been going on,I got my sticker 1.5 months ago and they worked fine.

Welcome to the HDTimeline forum and your first post...the previous posters are in agreement with likely cause, but the one thing is always ON means that either the wiring or a faulty front or the rear brake switch is at fault and that it may have been maintenance that introduced the failure prior to --"they" working on it...

What work was done? Did they work on the handlebar controls/master cylinder(s) or braking system. It may be in warranty after all, as it is a safety issue, and many HD shops honor their work as "good will" gesture for safety/liability reasons!:newsmile079:

My 04 Wide Glide is doing the same thing, iI have done control/handlebar work, would my problem be similar to this one, missing the little hard to fit spacer in control for brake???

My 04 Wide Glide is doing the same thing, iI have done control/handlebar work, would my problem be similar to this one, missing the little hard to fit spacer in control for brake???

That or a pinched wire

The spring in my front master cyl was weak so I took the m/c apart and stretched the spring. End of problems 2 years ago. I was actually stopped by a cop who wanted to know why my brake lights were on.
Ken

Back