free website stats program Brake light on constant after turn/flash controller install | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake light on constant after turn/flash controller install

Billua

Gents, bike is an 08 FLSTC.

I installed a Hot Flash Run/Turn/Flash brake controller, Kuryakyn part number 4859.

After install, with the resister needed for this bike, the turn signals light up steady, but brake light is on full time (both elements)

I naturally rechecked all connections, but to no avail. So, I took the thing off and put the bike back stock..Still No Brake light function..

Is there some type of reset I need to perform?

Thanks!

Oh, and naturally Kurakyn's customer service hours are MON-FRI 9-5 CDT...Naturally, no one works on their bikes over the weekends, or after work on the west coast...

Last edited:
Did you check your fuses?

I did , all fuses good, brake light on constant...I am looking for the brake light switches to see if there is a problem there. I also didn't know if I might have upset some monitoring computer and it needs a reset..

Thanks

Problem solved, unrelated to the Kuryakyn component...The front brake light switch shim is missing. It may have fallen out when I replaced the levers and I didn't notice it.

When I push it in, brake light goes out.

Looks like a run to the dealer tomorrow aboard the Buell :D

Thanks Glider for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back