free website stats program Brake Light Flasher | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Light Flasher

I have the one you're talking about by Comagination. Cycles 3 or 4 times and then stays on steady as long as you keep the brakes applied. Release and the timer resets itself. I think this is the absolute best approach - cycles to get the following driver's attention and then stays on like a normal brake light.

Thanks Butch. I'm going to take a look at that Rivco unit.

Was it pretty easy to install Doc? The thing I like about that unit is the fact it's small enough to hide right there in the tail light housing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that some modulating devices do not work with LED lights.

what out there works with LED lights and would not interfere with the ABS (another warning I saw about some products)? I have a 2009 RKC w/ABS, and would like a modulator similar to the "Back Off" one, but there are a lot of options, and I want to be sure to buy one that works with my bike.

thanks
Drew

yep installed very easy, took about 10 minutes.

As I recall only 2 wires - splices into the brake wiring becoming part of the circuit. I spliced mine into the circuit so that both the tail light and the tour-pack brake lite would flash, but yeah it would probably fit inside the brake light housing. On my ultra, I mounted the unit to the battery box side wall support under the seat. Either way it's pretty much an install and forget kind of part.

Thanks Butch. I'm going to take a look at that Rivco unit.

Was it pretty easy to install Doc? The thing I like about that unit is the fact it's small enough to hide right there in the tail light housing.

It seems that some modulating devices do not work with LED lights.

what out there works with LED lights and would not interfere with the ABS (another warning I saw about some products)? I have a 2009 RKC w/ABS, and would like a modulator similar to the "Back Off" one, but there are a lot of options, and I want to be sure to buy one that works with my bike.

thanks
Drew

I installed the Kuryakyn Panacea system on my '09 RK w/ABS. No problems. Just check with Kuryakyn to be sure you get the right equalizers to handle the TSSM, etc.

Was it pretty easy to install Doc?

Well, to be honest with you, I didn't do it. Had it installed at the same time as my oil temp gauge. He put the brake flasher unit under the left side cover, up high.

Thanks Doc. I'm checking right now to see if what I want to do will work.
I don't have any LED's installed presently but what I would like to try is to put a dual density LED module in place of my rear fender tip light....so that it will get brighter along with the stock brake light....and then pulse them both with the unit that Comagination makes.
I've got the HD security system on my 07 FLHTC, but no ABS, and I'm trying to find out if it will work or if I will need to add a load equalizer.
I sent the question to both of the companies that build these units and am anxious to hear what they say.
And.....speaking of your oil temp gauge.....did you ever get it indicating correctly?
I don't think I ever heard if you did or not???

And.....speaking of your oil temp gauge.....did you ever get it indicating correctly?
I don't think I ever heard if you did or not???

Well, it works fine 90% of the time so I'm not inclined to give up a lot of riding time getting it up to 100%. I've gotten a couple of recommendations about a local guy just 5 minutes from me so I may use this as my trial case to see if I like them.

Let us know how your LED/flasher investigation turns out. That would be a real eye catcher the way you describe it.

Yea, I'll do that for sure. If I get a favorable reply from the mfgrs of these products, I think I'll give it a try.
If it works, there'll be more pictures and "how to's" :D

The MOCO sells a nice LED tail/stop light that is very bright.You can also buy an LED turnsignal kit that includes red lenses for the rear t/signals.When it's all wired you have run/turn and brake lights.When you include your rear marker light this setup will give you 4 red lights on the rear with 3 of them being brake lights.This setup gives me plenty of red lights at the rear fender.Until the general public becomes more accustomed to flashing brake lights,IMO,this is a safer way to go.

Back