free website stats program Brake Light Comes On Without Braking | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Light Comes On Without Braking

griff

I have a 2002 Road King Police. While on a road trip this weekend my riding friends told me that my brake light was coming on without my braking. Sometimes the brake light flickers, sometimes it stays on for a period of time. I am having little success in replicating the problem when the bike is parked. How should I go about identifying the problem?

More than likely it's the brake light switch in the brake lever on the bars. It could be worn or even broken. Take a look behind the lever towards the switch housings and you will see the switch plunger. I've seen then come loose from the housing and back out a bit causing what you have.

I had it happen after I washed my bike and it lasted almost 3 days...and it was the switch Glider was referring to the one by the foot brake...blew it out with a hair dryer...all was well.. Also happen once when riding in a very hard rain...It do drive folks behind ya a little crazy...lol:naughty

Back