Brake light 2005 FatBoy

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Porky2, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Porky2

Porky2 New Member

Hi everyone.
    I want to make my original brake light shine brighter - what is the least expensive way to do that? :newsmile026:

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

3. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

If you post in the softail section you'll get more answers. Not everybody reads the new member section.

4. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Porky2, welcome to the forum. Not sure what you can do to make the original tail light brighter but lots of members here are happy with the LED tail lights from HD, Kuryakyn, BAL and others.

If interested in these, do a search in the Search Forum bar at the top of your screen and you will get all the information needed to make up your mind if that is the way to go for you.

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

HD and Kuryakyn sell a plug and play kit that converts the rear directional signals into brake lights and running lights and still maintain the signal function. Think its around $50 or so, added it to my softail. was very pleased with it, very easy to install.

6. Fatboy John

Fatboy John Member

Do what I did...get rid the amber rear lenses and go with red. $60 for the kit that plugs into the existing adapter under the seat and a pair of red lenses. I opted for just the adapter($45) then bought a set of visor/red lenses and bought the adapter seperate. Changed out the front to a visor with smoked lenses and amber bulbs. Gave the Fatboy a nice look. Need anymore info on that scoot, I have same bike but the anniversary edition. Cheers