free website stats program Brake Bleeding | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Bleeding

Very good video, you make it look simple. I assume you do the rear the same way? I have a 05 ultra classic.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Tried this on 07 Ultra Classic and did not have any brakes. Wound up doing it the old fashion way. Pumping up and release several times to get a firm lever.

Word is now that if your scoot has ABS you need to bring it in to the dealer so they can hook up the computer to bleed the brakes. A computer to bleed brakes! What is the world coming to?!!!

yep JIm ABS needs the digital technician, you can look up my previous thread about it, aside from my rantings there was some good info there by other members

Hi guys,

I have ABS and have bled the brakes prior to winter layup for 3 years and never had a problem.

This is from the 2008 Touring Service manual.

12. If motorcycle is ABS equipped, and either the ABS module or more than one brake line was removed, confirm that brake system is properly connected. To accomplish this, connect motorcycle to DIGITAL TECHNICIAN II (Part No. HD-48650) and perform "ABS Service" procedure in the "Toolbox" menu.

I bought a MityVac years ago at a yard sale. Worked great then and still works great today. I don't have ABS so no need for digi tech. One thing I do differently is I don't remove all of the fluid. Watch the reservoir and remove all fluid until it's almost dry, fill it and go again.

I bought a MityVac years ago at a yard sale. Worked great then and still works great today. I don't have ABS so no need for digi tech. One thing I do differently is I don't remove all of the fluid. Watch the reservoir and remove all fluid until it's almost dry, fill it and go again.

That is the way I do it to change all the brake fluid out until it runs clear...no problem doing it that way! :newsmile071:

I do it the old school way. Remove reservoir cap Dab out old fluid with rag. Then fill master open bleeders and let gravity bleed till fluid runs out clear. This is for front brakes. The rear is similarly except that I need to gently pump rear pedal to build pressure and then open bleeder. Again this is done numerous times till clear fluid flows from rear master...

I seem to always get air leaks with the mityVac around the rubber coupler at the caliper. Is there a special way to do this that I am missing?

Back