free website stats program brake bleeding problem | Harley Davidson Forums

brake bleeding problem

harleyrider64

I've bled the front brakes on my 2000 road king at least 6-8 times. Both the old fashioned way, pump and hold the handle and using a vacuum tool. Works great until thenext day then no brake ,handle goes right to throttle grip. Bleed and I get air, replaced bleed valves and banjo o rings. Where is the air getting into the system? No leaks noted

This is what i did, i had a hand pump with the brake fluid and clear hose, and i connected it to the Caliper bleed valve, and pushed the fluid up to the reservoir area, after doing that both sides i also had no brake, then i re-hooked up the hose again to the calipers and then squeezed the brake lever and lo and behold the air bubbles came out, now i have brakes. hope that helps.
p.s. its a slow process as i am sure you know, if possible 2nd person or long hose so you can look at the reservoir area as you pump fluid up.

I've bled the front brakes on my 2000 road king at least 6-8 times. Both the old fashioned way, pump and hold the handle and using a vacuum tool. Works great until thenext day then no brake ,handle goes right to throttle grip. Bleed and I get air, replaced bleed valves and banjo o rings. Where is the air getting into the system? No leaks noted

Time to rebuild the master cylinder. It's not holding pressure.

Would agree with Glider. Bleeding brakes should not be that much trouble. Generally when something does not seem right, it's not! JMO.:)

Back