free website stats program Brake’s you’re Opinion | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake’s you’re Opinion

ShagNasty

It is time for a new back tire, 11000 miles. I am thinking about why not go ahead and put on new back brakes? The ones on the bike are ok, but will need to be replaced sooner or later. Anybody ever do all this at tire changing or do you just wait till you have to have them?

It is time for a new back tire, 11000 miles. I am thinking about why not go ahead and put on new back brakes? The ones on the bike are ok, but will need to be replaced sooner or later. Anybody ever do all this at tire changing or do you just wait till you have to have them?

How many miles on the brake pads?

Brake pads are cheap and if you already got the tire and the caliper off go ahead and change them. Certainly cannot hurt.

Whatyardwork is spot on...4 years and 11,000 miles for basically $60 worth of materials is easily a bargain for what they do.

Makes sure you clean the external parts as much as possible 1st with clear water over rags, then then look in the self help section for inspecting, replacing the pads and finally flush and bleed the brake fluid for good measure and test for crisp "feel" and strong brake action, before road testing.

having seen the state of my rear pads after 5K i replaced them with the tire and will do in the next 5K when my tire is worn out again

Wow! 5000 miles on the rear tire? Hobbit, you must be slowing down as you get older. :rofl

Back