free website stats program Boyesen Power Xwing - Have to share! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boyesen Power Xwing - Have to share!

Thanks for that it was a cool show. If I remember correctly water flow friction loss is the factor that eat's up water psi. "from the water bouncing and rubbing along the insides of pipes turns. Also head psi. roughly .434 psi per one foot of elevation, which is why they pump water up into water tanks. A 100' high tank yeilds about 50 psi at the ground level. I guess the smoother you make water the better it will flow.
Any way I'm waiting for someone to come up with a can of twincam cam chain tensioner wearpad restore. Just pour it in the oil and it recoats and restores the orange nylon wear pads in your engine. Should sell for about 9.99 per can.
Remember graphite oil? I used that stuff and it wiped a cam in one of my smallblocks. Wasn't there a product called tornado and wind tunnel like the X-wing?
I'm not knocking the X-wing, but if it was that good why wouldn't they incorporate it into an intake design?

Last edited:
Glider, while I have you, I do have questions regarding the TFI. I noticed you've often advised that it's possible to back down significantly on the yellow and red pots to get better gas mileage. If I understand what I've read of the TFI correctly, turning the pots too high will result in hesitation during sudden roll ons, as the mix is too rich. However, how do I know I'm not backing off too much on the pots? Or is that not even possible, as turning to 1:00 turns that pot off? I'm assuming that anything above 1:00 or stock is an improvement, but how do I really find that "sweet spot" for each pot?

The settings furnished are a bit on the rich side. The pot #2 is the accelerator pump pot and IMO really doesn't do all that much but use more fuel so that pot can be kept low.. The #1 pot is the most important to set properly out of them all because this is where the fuel map is the leanest from the factory. The "feel" is where the settings come in and as you say too rich will give mushy responses to the throttle. The #4 pot being the crossover you would want to keep about the recommended setting at the 4 o'clock position, raising this would more or less defeat the fuel at the higher RPM where you don't hit very often. Lowering the #3 pot would usually give you a crisper response on the throttle but again don't lower it very much.

Last edited:
Glider, thanks for the response. Makes sense. All I need is for the TFI to arrive and I'm good to go. Much appreciated!

Back