free website stats program Bout them tri-lights... | Harley Davidson Forums

Bout them tri-lights...

krashtest

Didnt even know my flhx HAD lites back there cuz they never worked. Does anyone know, is that a dealer only part? Does anyone know of an online supplier that could hook me up with a new one???? I searched but came up with squat. Cheers!

Well there is an "easy" way, a "harder" way and a "custom" way...!

The easy way is to crack open the HD Parts & Accessories Catalog...they have a kit that will retrofit running lights (it includes a module, lens covers, wiring harness and such. :)

The hard way is to change out the housings to LED, Halogen or Projector type lamps, but usually means mechanical and electrical mods. Most kits have all that is necessary to outfit with minimal splicing mods. Again the key is to ensure compatibility so it does not kick out DTC (Diagnostic Troubleshooting Codes) after you do the mods. :s

The custom way is to do radical things such as HID lighting & such, which runs quite a bit higher in price and complexity. Not necessarily terrible, but will require a bit more knowledge and planning to be successful. :p

Good luck and keep us posted up on your selection and progress! :D

I think he means the fender tip lights, the three strips set in at the bottom. Somewhere I had seen the unit that has an added brake function.

Back