free website stats program "Bouncing" Tour Pack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Bouncing" Tour Pack

I have a 09 ultra and my tour pack it the same thing it was the set back bouncing agsinest the pack making a horrible noise. all the hard ware was tight they have rubber bushings on the mounting brackets that cause this i cut a piece of black garden mat it was about 3/4 of an inch thick 9 inchs long i cut it in the curve of the back rest then i put in between the tour pack and theseat back problem solved

"They all do that" hee hee... My friends tour pak bounces a little, but not like your seems to. Hope you figure out a solution!

A Friend's '08 Ultra did the same thing, and I found the bracket that the tour pak mounts to, was loose (very) where it mounts to the fender under/next to the seat. He said it always did that from the day he bought it, and thought it was normal. I told him it's not normal, so he took it in and they fixed it. I guess it was "missed" at assembly at the dealer, and during his first service.:newsmile100:

Be sure to check the 2 bolts behind the lic. plate, both on mine were about to fall out, the pass. pad on mine does bang arround also, so I will try the rubber mat idea as I already tried a couple other spacing items that only helped for a little while.

had a detachable mount on an 01 rk. it rocked back and forth and shook like crazy. finally put on a rigid mount. no problem. had to space the tp up slightly so the police saddlebags would open.

I have an 05 Ultra Classic and I don't have any problems with my TP bouncing. Odd problem to have, now my 1996 bounced alot, I tightened everything, never really found out why.

Back