free website stats program "Bouncing" Tour Pack | Harley Davidson Forums

"Bouncing" Tour Pack

mnultra

I have an 09 Ultra and it seems that the TP seems to really bounce around quite a bit. Of course, it's fine two up, but when solo stuff will bounce right out of the document pocket inside. I have tried different shock pressures to see if it helps, to no avail. I have checked the mounting harware and everything seems to be torqued correctly. The only add on is a HD luggage rack.

I am taking it to the dealer for a few other things (Bulletins mainly) and thought I would get your opinions before I was told "They all do that" :D

Seems odd, I cant think of a reason why that would happen. I do not have that issue with my 08 and have some buddy's that have 09 and they do not have this issue either. Will be curious to see if anyone else's has this issue.

my 09 tourpak rattled at the junction with the rear seat. Took it in to the dealer they fixed it first try, they said the tourpak rear seat hardware wasnt torqued correctly. No excessive shaking, just a rattle at idle.

My tour pack and side packs also shake a bit at idle but in my case it was after putting the 103 kit with cams that it became an issue. I've never had anything come out of the document pouch though...

I have an 09 Ultra and it seems that the TP seems to really bounce around quite a bit. Of course, it's fine two up, but when solo stuff will bounce right out of the document pocket inside. I have tried different shock pressures to see if it helps, to no avail. I have checked the mounting harware and everything seems to be torqued correctly. The only add on is a HD luggage rack.

I am taking it to the dealer for a few other things (Bulletins mainly) and thought I would get your opinions before I was told "They all do that" :D

I have an 09 my tp seams solid enough my pipe wrenches rattle & make noise but wondering what bulletins ?, beeing i have an 09 ultra..

wondering what bulletins ?, beeing i have an 09 ultra..

I can't remember the actual bulletin #'s but I know you'll find them using the search.

ABS module flash
Front tire (if you currently have a D407F)
Swing arm water retention

Hope that helps. let me know if you need the #'s. I can get them when I get home.

Okay. There is three service bulletins and one tech tip.

M-1258A 2009 Touring Models Front Tire Wear Inspection

M-1243 2009 Touring Model Jiffy Stand Bracket Lean Angles

M-1251 Calibration Upgrade for 2009 Touring Models with ABS

Tech Tip # TT413 2009 Touring Rear Fork Rusty Water Leakage

Hope that helps :)

Back