free website stats program Bought USB Turntable | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought USB Turntable

Webbtron

Banned
I'm in the process of converting LPs to MP3s. Our stuff has been in storage for years so it is a hoot to hear all these old songs again. Our stuff starts in the sixties and goes to the Dead and Disco. Time consuming though. Got the ION turntable at Raidio Shack software was included, but saw it later for $25 less at Kohl's. That is the way we roll here.

Have you ever tried a Teac, not sure how to spell it. It plays the LPs or 45s and burns them onto a CD. I have about 850 LPs and 1000 45s I want to go threw and put on CDs or MP3. A lot of the old music never was put on anything but vinyl.

About 10 years ago i had a cable made up to go from my hifi line out to the pc sound card line in and was in the position of being able to copy my LPs to cd
But now i have a usb record deck that allows a direct connection to the pc

Brian

Have you ever tried a Teac, not sure how to spell it. It plays the LPs or 45s and burns them onto a CD. I have about 850 LPs and 1000 45s I want to go threw and put on CDs or MP3. A lot of the old music never was put on anything but vinyl.

This software sends the temp files to ITUNEs you get a chance to enter the artist and song title. At that point I make a playlist for that LP and lump about 16 or 17 albums into a "general" playlist so I can burn them on a CD as MP3s. You would have to do some sorting to retrieve an LP from the CD but it will be much faster than playing them all again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It plays the LPs or 45s and burns them onto a CD. . A lot of the old music never was put on anything but vinyl.

I forgot to mention it will do 45s but I haven't got to them yet. There is a button that changes the speed. It is an easy process but if the condition is a bit questionable you have to hover a bit for the skips.
As an aside when you put those skips and play the song on and IPod it really tricks the old mind and you revert back to the days you ran to the turntable.:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention it will do 45s but I haven't got to them yet. There is a button that changes the speed. It is an easy process but if the condition is a bit questionable you have to hover a bit for the skips.
As an aside when you put those skips and play the song on and IPod it really tricks the old mind and you revert back to the days you ran to the turntable.:s

Don't tell me you've sat a nickle on you I-pod to try and stop the skipping.:p

Too many years ago when I was 17, I made my first 'big' purchase by purchasing my first 'real' stereo (which I might add is still working, but it has been parted out since we came across some 'free' upgrades). My dad was fussing at me for not spending the extra $49 at the time to buy the turn table. My answer to that was, 'dad, I don't own a record', his response was 'do you own a compact disc?', I said 'no, but at leas they make compact discs so I can buy one later on'. I may have a music addiction now though, I love the iPod and I have over 1700 cd's & I carry all my music on a device that is barely bigger than a pack of cigarettes.

For the record, literally, the only record I ever owned was Walt Disney's "Disco Duck" or something like that, and I found that in a junk car, then my loving sister broke it so she would have to listen to it. LOL BTW, I only had one 8 track, it was Johnny Horton's greatest hits, found that in a junk car too. :p

Re the Ion, what's your opinion of the sound quality of the converted MP3 vs the original vinyl? I've heard differing stories, and of course it depends on the quality of the original LP. But assuming a decent LP to start with, how good is the final product? Is it just IPod good, or does it also sound good played on good speakers (your stereo set)?

Good investment, my son got me one for Christmas last year, I now have 2 turntables to use, I have a lot of vinyl some rare bootleg stuff:s

My Son-in-Law (Iraq) asked the same thing so I sent him a sample and he didn't say anything so that might be him being nice. But we bought a Bose Ipod dock and they sound great to me. At the same time got a 150 gig Ipod. I am over 1200 songs into it and like I said it is nice to harvest these songs for my Wife, she's happy and She doesn't have the tin ear I do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL BTW, I only had one 8 track, it was Johnny Horton's greatest hits, found that in a junk car too. :p

I saved Jonny Horton a few weeks ago. Sink the Bismark, North to Alaska, Springtime in Alaska. What a hoot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good investment, my son got me one for Christmas last year, I now have 2 turntables to use, I have a lot of vinyl some rare bootleg stuff:s
That is it right there. It's a shame not to at least put it back in play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back