free website stats program Bought new ultra limited-sweet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought new ultra limited-sweet

The DR. has it pretty much correct. Oil viscosity and temps are the main cause of excessive clunk going into gear. Other than that clutch adjustment and lubrication level come into play too.
Pretty much all harleys clunk into gear and when shifting too unless a pause is made between shifts which will minimize the clunk or you hold the clutch in for a few seconds before shifting into gear. It's the nature of the beast.

Congrats on the new ride. :) As glider said, if you hold the clutch in for a few seconds before shifting into gear the clunk will ge gone.

Glider, he's one smart son of a gun. I'm going to try that trick too.
If you are at a long light with a group and most shift to neutral, you'll hear a bunch of "clunks" as the light is about to go green. Unless everyone is using Spectro...hahahaha !
WAP.gif

I bought mine 3 weeks ago and had the dealer put in the Spectro 6 HD I gave him at the 1000 mile. Big Difference!!!!

I went from from a 2006 FLHTC with a 6 speed SE that was super smooth and felt the same clunk you did on the new one, even between gears. The Spectro cured a lot of that.

As a side note, I had some Rinehart slip-ons, a stage 1 air cleaner and SE tuner put on right away. I noticed, when I got it, that it was "a lot" doggier than the old bike with the 95 kit and some Wood's 510's. I checked the old dyno print out against the new bike dyno and sure enough it's running less torque and HP and the new one is heavier. For sure I thought I would be at least equal to the old bike with the 103. I guess some heads and cams are in the future.

congrats on choosing this fine machine. i got mine the same way wife and i went looking for 09 last august saw the 2010 just out of the shipping box. wife said do you like of course i did she we will take it. i was shocked she fell in love with it almost as fast as i did. picked it up august 31st. had 2000 miles on it in two weeks. i got the scarlet red & vivid black it is a sharp color combo.

Congratulations on the new bike.

My 09 Road Glide was my first Harley and I was concerned about the clunk going into first gear since I didn't have that sound on my 05 Goldwing. My multiple Harley friends convinced me that it was normal and putting in Spectro lessened the clunk.

Enjoy your new ride.

Back