free website stats program Bought new ultra limited-sweet | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought new ultra limited-sweet

glenalt

I'm new to the bagger/touring scene and here is how it happened. I took the wife to the dealer Sunday to let her try on some chaps and while there I showed her the new Merlot/Cherry Limited. She said, "I want that bike". Just what I was hoping for, I love it when a plan comes together. Made the deal and rode it home at 6:30 today. I'm going to miss my Heritage but not too much.

I rode an 09 while they were getting mine ready and there was a marked clunk when you put it in first. I figured it was just that bike, but when I picked up the Limited it did the same think. Is this normal? I'm probably going to bug everyone in the touring section to death but man I love that ride.

It's normal. Think of it this way, you'll know after you start the bike that it did go from neutral to first.

First - congratulations on that sweet new bike and that cooperative wife!

Second - get a higher quality transmission fluid in that gearbox and things will quiet down a lot. I use the Spectro for 6 Speeds.

I love mine too! Best color combo yet. Yep, the clunk - normal. Mine is still hard to get into neutral at 1600 mi. Just returned from Laughlin River run. Ran like a champ. Smooth, speakers rock, and it's strong, climbs hills in cruise control and speed stays rock steady.
WAP.gif

Congratulations on a fine ride Glen...make sure you post some picture...ya got lots of pals here waiting to see...!

I'm new to the bagger/touring scene and here is how it happened. I took the wife to the dealer Sunday to let her try on some chaps and while there I showed her the new Merlot/Cherry Limited. She said, "I want that bike". Just what I was hoping for, I love it when a plan comes together. Made the deal and rode it home at 6:30 today. I'm going to miss my Heritage but not too much.

I rode an 09 while they were getting mine ready and there was a marked clunk when you put it in first. I figured it was just that bike, but when I picked up the Limited it did the same think. Is this normal? I'm probably going to bug everyone in the touring section to death but man I love that ride.
The clunk is normal . If you want to get rid of it you will have to change the primary compensator. Look in the self help section some good info. I changed mine and made a big differance

I'm probably going to bug everyone in the touring section to death but man I love that ride.

Bug Away! We all learn a little something from the questions/answers on this forum. Congratulations on the new scoot, I'm anxious to see the pictures, make sure you include the wife in one since she was essential in the decision/approval process.

The color "Merlot" just sounds sweet! Also report back on how you like the ride after a thousand miles (give or take).

Last edited:
The clunk is normal . If you want to get rid of it you will have to change the primary compensator. Look in the self help section some good info. I changed mine and made a big differance

Unless I'm totally confused, which is quite often the case, I thought the compensator upgrade was to eliminate the clunk when you start the motor and smooth out some of the low speed accel/decel characteristics. I didn't think it had anything to do with transmission clunks going in and out of gear. I'm standing by to be corrected!

Back