free website stats program Bought a FLHTCU103 yesterday!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought a FLHTCU103 yesterday!!

So today I popped off the front fairing and installed the Oil Temperature Gauge and the SiriusXM satellite radio receiver module. Tomorrow I hope to install the front fork lowering kit. Put the Reach Low Profile seat on yesterday, so we are almost done for this stage of the upgrade projects.

Bike is coming around!!

BTW - that EJK is really doing the trick. Left the setting as they were straight out of the box!!

Cheers,

TQ

Nice, I am looking @ the reach seat, not that I need it but it will fit my trike and gives The Redhead more padding:s

Nice, I am looking @ the reach seat, not that I need it but it will fit my trike and gives The Redhead more padding:s

I like it. Tried the Super Reduced Reach Seat and it was a bit too extreme. Very little padding for the rider. Passenger was OK, but I was not comfortable. Sent that back and got the standard Reduced Reach Seat. I like it. Had one on my '03 UC too. Makes it a very stable ride.

So tonight I attached the front forks to swap out the springs and tube for the lowered versions. MAN!!! Fought trying to get the tube cap back in with the new spring for about 1 1/2 hours. Anyone got a tip on how to do this better? I was just leaning on the tube cap and compressing the spring while rotating the tube to try and catch the threads. Whew!!! That was a fight. Got Momma to give me a hand, and it was still a serious struggle. Finally got it. But not starting on the other one until tomorrow or later.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
I usually reverse turn any fastener till I feel it click (threads lined up) then forward turn the fastener
With any fork cap it is a wee bit more difficult as the amount of pressure that has to be applied and the spring makes its own little clicks and it is usually a fine thread which are a wee bit more difficult to line up in the first place
I look at the start point on both threads try to get them roughly lined up apply pressure with both hands reverse turn the cap a wee bit then forward turn it usually get it on after a few attempts
But some times when things don't go well I take the dog for a walk and calm down before re trying

Brian

Well after all the fussin' and fighting on the left one, the right one buttoned up in just a couple of minutes!!!

But I realized I didn't have to keep the tube all the way at the top while trying to compress the spring and get the cap started. I just leaned on it hard with the cap under my left palm while bringing the tube up to engage the threads with my right. Just a simple couple of turns of the tube and presto!!!

I had done this exact process on my '03 when I changed out those forks for the '06 configuration (springs and no cartridge!!). Oh well. Live and learn, but then remembering is the trick!

Cheers,

TQ

I believe you should be able to get a Harley in any color you want as long as its black!!

Cheers,

TQ

3,655 miles when I rolled off the lot!!
Yeah. Pretty stock. Got a list of about $1K worth of stuff to do to it. Pipes and A/C up near the top of the list. Lowering and REACH seat too.

Cheers,

TQ

A/C? that is cool!

Tonight I swapped out the OEM battery with a Power Source Batteries: Lightning Start Battery WPX30L-LS. The specs on this battery are:

• Warranty 1 year
  • Volts 12
  • Polarity | - ||||| + |
  • AMP-HOUR 30
  • Product Length 6.56
  • Product Height 6.87
  • Product Width 5.06
  • Net Weight 22.7
  • Chemistry Sealed AGM Maintenance-Free
  • CCA 600
  • Item 01-366P
  • Model Power Source WPX30L-LS Lightning Start (YIX30L-BS, YTX30L)
  • Compatibility OEM compatible replacement battery by Power Source

WPX30L-LS Power Source Lightning Start 12 volt 30 ah 600cca Sealed AGM GEL Maintenance-Free Motorcycle Battery offers more starting power for Polaris, Harley, Arctic Cat, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Ski-Doo, BMW Motorcycle, ATV, Quad, Snowmobile, Side x Side. Ultra High Performance replacement upgrades oem Yuasa, GS, BS, Power Sonic, Interstate, Adventure Power, Xtreme, East Penn Deka, Westco, Motocross YIX30L, YTX30L, YIX30L-BS, UIX30L, ETX30L, BIX30L, 30L-BS, 30L, CTX30L, CIX30L, GIX30L, GTX30L, CYIX30L-BS, FAYIX30L, M7230L, M6230X, 30LBS, PIX30L, PIX30LBS-FS, WP30-12RNE, PIX30HLBS-FS, XTA30L, XTA30L-BS, XTAX30L, 53030, YB30L-B, CB30L-B, IB30L-B, 12VX30L-B, 30LFA, SC30LFA, SC30L-FA, 4013129, 4010595, 4011224, 515176151, YUAM7230L, YUAM6230X with full 1 year warranty.

We'll see how it does!!

Cheers,

TQ

Attachments

• Replacement Battery (1).jpg
    Replacement Battery (1).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Replacement Battery (3).jpg
    Replacement Battery (3).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 14
Hi there TQ,
I'm thinking purchasing a 12 UC at the moment. Just wondering if any updates/surprises, positive or neg on your bike? I think you have had it for about a year now.
Cheers

Nope. Go for it!!!

Above in this thread, I detailed the changes I made to the bike. Many are just to lower the bike so it is my size! But I did do a few things just to improve the bike like Stage 1 and the EJK (Dobeck). I also installed the M6 because I do not like the OEM primary chain tensioner system. New battery was a necessity.

Eventually I will do a new set of cams (probably 255s) and floating rotors for the brakes. But those things are not "must" haves, just "wanna" haves!

Cheers,

TQ

Back