free website stats program Boots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

Wesco's are not cheap!

I splerged on my 50th b-day, sold a rifle to fund those boots. I had them custom fitted and chose all of the options to suit me. I am EXTREMELY happy with them.

Im flat footed and one foot 1/2 size bigger than the other. Who did you go though for the custom fit? Do you have a link to the site on the web? I did a search and came up with distributors but not Wesco themselves.

Thank you

You should never wear steel toecap boots on a bike.They can amputate your toes if your feet get bent up when you crash.

There is a flip side to that, if something is strong enough to "crush the steel cap" likely you would lose them anyway. The other thing is the toes are protected more from sharp objects that could cut leather, so it is a compromise as to what hazards you expect over the life of the boot. :small3d031:

Oh, Redwings are good but suppliers, service and USA made are spotty.
Chippawa and the Wolverines which I now use are great, and decent priced, but not necessarily made in the USA. :(

I had the fitting done at the factory in Scappose Or. Here is a link to their site:
WEST COAST SHOE COMPANY

Thanks for the info. I did a search and youtube showed up, so I click on a couple videos and the boots are nice but the umm models are umm well lets just say it makes it more difficult to want to buy those boots now LOL

I bought a pair of carhardt...I needed the steel toes and they were comfortable...I rubbed them down with mink oil and ride in rain with dry feet..my harley boots wore out quick and feet were wet in rain...I cant tell you for sure if they were made in America but for 110.00 I have had them for 3 years and they are still kickin.
A Cobbler once told me the only thing to use on leather to waterproof it is Bee's Wax. Any animal based oil (Mink oil, dubbin, bear grease) will eventually break down the leather fibres and silicone eventually destroy the leather. For the past 15 years I've only used Bee's Wax and ALL my leather, including the leather saddlebags on my bike look like new. To clean leather, use only Saddle Soap and cool water. Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth, then set in the sunshine until the leather is quite warm to hot, then rub sparing amounts of Bee's wax into the leather, paying special attention to the seams. Leave in the sun for a while until the wax soaks into the leather. Then buff with a soft lint-free cloth, and VOILA, or as some say, WALLA!) New leathers, from boots to gloves to pants to chaps to jackets to whatever is leather.

Back