free website stats program Boots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

You should never wear steel toecap boots on a bike.They can amputate your toes if your feet get bent up when you crash.

Hmmm I wonder what those toes would look like if you didn't have steel toe protection???

Actually steel toes are designed to crush down only so far leaving room for your toes to survive without injury unless of course you exceeded the limits which would be highly unlikely. 10,000 lift trucks have driven over them and it doesn't happen.

And as the other posted said moto cross boots are steel toe

I have a pair of Chippewa engineer boots that I have been trying to like for a year. I can feel the cup outline in the heel. I have to keep insoles in them. The leather is very nice though.

In foul weather i wear a pair of matterhorn boots the were made in the usa
they arent a bike boot but they do keep the feet warm and dry in all weather conditions but if worn in warm weather over about 14c they nwill cook my feet fairly quickly but very good on the snow whether on the bike or the feet
I do wear a pair of magnum boots in warmer weather again waterproof good for walking or riding lace up with a side zip
if im trying to look the part ive a pair of harley boots lace up with a side zip very good boot again for walking or riding but if you show them water the feet are wet

having been an infantry soldier for 25 years i want boots to be good on the feet i do walk between 3 and 5 miles every day with the dog as its over rough ground i need a good waterproof boot (rains a lot in Scotland)

I bought a pair of carhardt...I needed the steel toes and they were comfortable...I rubbed them down with mink oil and ride in rain with dry feet..my harley boots wore out quick and feet were wet in rain...I cant tell you for sure if they were made in America but for 110.00 I have had them for 3 years and they are still kickin.

I have a pair of Carhart's too. They are made in China but seem to be wearing good. Mine are a little over a year old.

WESCO boots were mentioned earlier. I've heard good things about them but.........they are not giving them away.:D

Was in a boot store a couple of months ago and the sales person said some models of Chippewa boots are now being made in China. Might want to ask about that if you are checking out Chippewa.

I've got the Chippawa engineers (USA made). Good solid boot (steel toe), but as stated above....a pain (literally) to break in.

If I could afford Wesco that's what I'd wear. Gold Standard in my book.

Wesco's are not cheap!

I splerged on my 50th b-day, sold a rifle to fund those boots. I had them custom fitted and chose all of the options to suit me. I am EXTREMELY happy with them.

Back