free website stats program Boots | Harley Davidson Forums

Boots

JBK 1

Banned
Hi Folks,

I’ve been searching around for a pair of high quality, made in the U.S.A. engineer boots and was wondering what the nice people here are sporting.
I've got a set of Harleys, which I bought two years ago expecting/assuming that they were made here. Nope, China. Plus they leak like crazy in bad weather. I've also looked at Red Wings until a message sent to their website revealed their motorcycle boots were made in China as well.
So now I'm looking at Chippewa engineer boots, but wanted to know if there's something else out there that I'm missing.

JBK

you might check out these two web sites ---

theunionbootpro.com

steel-toe-shoes.com

I don't have any personal experience with either yet - but like you was looking for USA made boots.

When I purchased my bike, I bought a pair of Harley boots. I did not like them. I wore them for about a month, paid 140.00 for them. I then bought a pair of Chippewas and had to exchange the first pair because they squeaked. The second pair have been great. They take awhile to break in but after that they wear great.

I sold the Harley boots on Ebay and actually got 90.00 for them.

You should never wear steel toecap boots on a bike.They can amputate your toes if your feet get bent up when you crash.

I bought a pair of carhardt...I needed the steel toes and they were comfortable...I rubbed them down with mink oil and ride in rain with dry feet..my harley boots wore out quick and feet were wet in rain...I cant tell you for sure if they were made in America but for 110.00 I have had them for 3 years and they are still kickin.

I have a pair of Redwings with the rattlesnake on the bottom of the sole. They are American. I also have a pair of HH harness boots also American. And last of all a pair of Frank Thomas English riding boots. Hobbit might be familiar with them. I have had them for 25 years.

WESCO!
wesco

Made here in Oregon.......

I have both a pair of Chippewa and Georgia engineer boots. Love 'em both!

The Chips tend to run a bit narrow in the width. Mine are steel toed so having them stretched only helped a little. I'm a 2E if I did it over I'd order 3E or non-steel toed.

The Georgia's fit like a glove and are my everyday boot. The leather isn't as supple as the Chips, making them a little more resistant to scuffs and scrapes. I just had them re-soled and healed so I 'spect I won't be needing boots for a while :D

Back