free website stats program Boom Speakers cutoff while riding | Harley Davidson Forums

Boom Speakers cutoff while riding

delt1511

I have a 2012 ultra with boom audio system. I have a total of 6 speakers.While riding my sound will cut out. If switch from front speakers to all speakers it comes back, and vice versa...any help would be appreciated.

Have you or anyone else done any recent mods or maintenance to the bike?
I assume you've checked all wires and connections?

I just read an article on the Boom and it's problems. In the article it said to make sure you had the latest upgrade and gave 1.19.1 as the latest. It also said it was available on line. Let us know how things work out.

Tks, i did some troubleshooting prior to leaving for work for 28days. Found the amp under the tourpack controls all spearkers. I have been in and out of front fairing dealing with a ipod interface module. So i removed fairing and unplugged all speakers and plugged them back in, i took a test ride without fairing and was able to make around a three mile ride without issue, before i had to put bike up. Will get riding time in a month, i will check on the update because i am not sure if it is updated. Tks for the direction to check will update post as soon as i am back on bike.

Mine says v8.19.0

I have same version on my '07 Ultra and it works fine.
I used to check versions as the new bikes came in, just to see if there was a difference.
Last I saw was V8.25.

As long as my radio is fine, I'm staying with V8.19.

Funny how they don't tell you what the upgrades "fix."

Dealers will do the upgrade for free.
Mine took less time than drinking a bottle of pop.

Back