free website stats program Boom! Audio Half Helmet Headset | Harley Davidson Forums

Boom! Audio Half Helmet Headset

horizonchaser

Contributor
I just received my half helmet headset but haven't tried it out yet. I am looking forward to the open face helmet communication that this headset allows me. I was wondering if anyone has one, and do they experience problems with it like "wind noise" due to it being outside of the helmet as opposed to being inside a more traditional closed face helmet which would shield the microphone from any outside wind & noise. Also, who makes this set? Thanks!

I bought a set, along with a new helmet last Saturday. They sound great for CB communication, in fact better than the ones in my full helmet but like all other headsets I've tried, terrible for music. They were a bit uncomfortable at first but I quickly got used to them. Wind noise was no problem and my bud's could hear me fine.

:USA

That's what I was hoping to hear, that the CB sounds great and the wind noise was not a factor. Thanks! I know what you mean as far as the music not sounding good. I just wanted to be able to talk to my wife without the confining claustrophobic feeling that I got when I wore the full face helmet with the microphone.

I asked about the same question in the communication and radio forum yesterday.Do your speakers fit in one of those little sock pockets? And how do those attach to the helmet? I'm thinking of getting a scorpion X100 helmet like the wife's. It has the pockets built into the ear skirt.Plus the retractable face shield is cool.But I don't want to wear the skirt during Louisiana summers.

The headset fits on your ears by itself. And then the helmet goes on. I agree with the other statements about how they work. I had a standard HD headset in my fullface helmet and didn't care for it. The boom headset for the half helmet works great. And my buddy says he can hear me better than ever.

Thanks fireguy,going to try the Harley set first because its coming with the bike.But Ive heard some differing opinions on it.may have to have a plan B

How does it compare to the stock HD headset that came with your Ultra?
I haven't worn it yet with my wife on the back but I did, just for the heck of it, put the headset on with the bike parked and the accessory switch on and listened to some music and it did sound a lot better than the stock headset that came with the bike. I'd like to think that it would be likewise in general communication.
BTW, I also asked "who makes it". I was just wondering who made it for HD. Does anyone know? Thanks! HC

For the 3/4 helmet the standard HD headset worked fine. But if you get any buffetting at all it doesn't work as well as the boom half helmet set. The microphone on the boom is very small and does not pickup the wind like the Standard set does. But the mic works great. The speakers are just ok on both sets.(but hey if you want a bose setup, ride in a car).

Back