free website stats program Boom! Audio™ Tank Pouch | Harley Davidson Forums

Boom! Audio™ Tank Pouch

robertc

Just curious...:eam Has anyone tried this yet? I like the idea better than using velcro or keeping my itouch in my jacket pocket. I am not crazy about the handlebar mounts either, too cluttered for my taste. Just saw this on HD's site and liked the idea. If anyone has one please give your opinion on the product. Sometimes things look good but really aren't what you expect. Please list pro's and con's if you have any. Thanks :57:

i have one of these.. it works well. the problem for me wasi have the 32gig ipod classic with the turn wheel on it, so i have a real tough time changing songs. with the touch it would work great. really i need to put a playlist together so it can just play. the boom pouch does work as advertised. i had to poke a hole in it to plug in the ipod... id say an 8 out of 10:57:

I've got one and it works well. Only issue is like RobertC says about the wheel. Makes it a lot easier to see/work the mp3 when its on the tank than trying to change songs when strapped to the handlebar or carried in a pocket.

I've got a small mp3 that I use to just riding and it's loaded with my favorite 100+ songs. I just hit random and I'm off. I have a RG, thus I put it in the right side glove box w/ velcro and the small coil connector wire fits perfect to the aux plug.

Now I can't change songs while I'm riding (but random works well) and I have to turn the mp3 on/off, but it works great.

I have one as well and have an iphone and it is Perfect. I have all my songs on my phone and playlisted so its a breeze. Ive been up to over 100 and this thing doesn't move. I text through it and answer calls as well. Mine came with holes on top and bottom so I can put my cord in one side and my ear phones for quick phone use in the other. When I stop, pull it up and throw it in the bag. It is very heavy duty as well,looks like it would hold up in the rain. I'm not much for driving in the rain so in case I get caught in a storm I won't know.

I know nothing about the tank pouch but when I got my '08 FLHTC I thought using the iPod hooked into the AUX plug would be great. As it turns out I've never used it. I burned 4 CDs in mp3 format which puts about 170 songs on each CD. No connecting wires and all controls are on the bars.

Looks pretty good, has an HD logo on it...can't be that bad eh?...

!Bh6fiow!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKigEsmoLqg8UBLLnl1PNlQ~~_35.JPG

I know nothing about the tank pouch but when I got my '08 FLHTC I thought using the iPod hooked into the AUX plug would be great. As it turns out I've never used it. I burned 4 CDs in mp3 format which puts about 170 songs on each CD. No connecting wires and all controls are on the bars.

I started out with songs on an Ipod played using the random feature but have recently switched to the CD method instead. Once the CD is burned, it's a lot simpler than hooking up the Ipod and remembering to turn it on and off, messing with the volume, etc.

In all fairness, try to keep your CDs a'burn'in, once CD's go the pay per download craze will eat everyones' lunch...no more prerecorded songs that you can shuffle and play the way YOU want to everytime and the last true full range uncompressed audio recordings for free home use will be gone, the recording media giants will have won. Now that public broadcasting is all digital, the day of free network television will be gone. Why? because the media giants have found that "JUST advertising, cannot sustain executive and player salaries, be it music, movies sports or media...

Opps, this is about the "Pouch" good for IPOD users, bad for CD users, and those of us who really like the superior sound of CD's verses compressed music files from a pay per download source.

Last edited:
Back