free website stats program Book Review | Harley Davidson Forums

Book Review

cedarbrook63

Hi Folks,

Was wanting to buy a general overview book on maintenance for someone who enjoys working with his/her hands but hasn't much experience of working on bikes. I came across the following book:

101 Harley-Davidson Twin Cam Performance Projects
By Kenna Love, Chris Maida, Mark Zimmerman, Jeff Hackett

Anyone ever read it, got it, looked at it, loved it or binned it? :hii

I believe you would be ahead of the game by looking for the maintenance manual for the specific bike you're interested in. That way you can get a lot more detail on service and maintenance on that particular bike.

I believe you would be ahead of the game by looking for the maintenance manual for the specific bike you're interested in. That way you can get a lot more detail on service and maintenance on that particular bike.

I'm a great believer in reading as much as you can about any topic that has your interest, but that being said I have to agree with drake about getting yourself the proper H.D. manual for your bike.

Thanks guys. Good advice. Only got Haines at the moment and to be honest, I'm disappointed by it but that might just be me....

Thanks guys. Good advice. Only got Haines at the moment and to be honest, I'm disappointed by it but that might just be me....

Haynes are ok for a general overview, but they can catch you out with the likes of tolerances and torque values, so beware!

Back