free website stats program Boo-boo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boo-boo

Continuing saga...

Service manager at MBHD informed me yesterday the paint (black pearl metallic) is obsolete. Put a call to my insurance to see if they will cover painting all the tins. Waiting on the decision

Continuing saga...

Service manager at MBHD informed me yesterday the paint (black pearl metallic) is obsolete. Put a call to my insurance to see if they will cover painting all the tins. Waiting on the decision

A good custom body/paint shop should be able to match the color if you want to go that route.

Kind of similar story...driving down the highway(in my car) and ran over a piece of idk what. Just a bit down the road a guy is pulled off the side, bike laying down on trailer and he was walking in direction he came from. I think I just ran over what he was going to get. Felt pretty bad. Secure your bike properly

A good custom body/paint shop should be able to match the color if you want to go that route.

Hey Jeff,

MBHD has a guy in FT Walton Bch that is a guru, the game plan is to send new primed tank and old tank so he can match, I hope it turns out, if not we will paint all the tins.

Hey Jeff,

MBHD has a guy in FT Walton Bch that is a guru, the game plan is to send new primed tank and old tank so he can match, I hope it turns out, if not we will paint all the tins.

Very good, some of these guys are incredible.

I got a pair of tanks for my softail from ebay paint was in really good condition so took a spare pair of fenders and the tanks to local ford dealer body shop matched the paint and the pin stripes to make a nice set
I look after their computer systems and know them fairly well so perhaps got a wee bit of extra effort from them and the painter and the guy that did the pinstripes both got a case of good beer for their efforts
I have done some body filling and painting myself but gloss black is all I care to do so anything else I take to a more proficient painter who knows what he is doing

Brian

Very good, some of these guys are incredible.

Unfortunately, the arrival of the primed tank is predicted to take 5 weeks according to MBHD. I can't think of why it should take so long.

The good thing is, I'm able to ride and the ins. co. is good with the plan:)

Back