free website stats program Bonjour from France! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bonjour from France!

guzzichris

Hi guys
I'm a Brit living in NW France for the last 13 years.
Stumbled across this site by accident and found it really informative.
In the past I've had Sporty, Shovel and Evo motors and really enjoyed them all.
I'm now thinking of buying a new Road King Classic 103 TC, but I'm terrified after reading all the accounts of crank slip and cam tensioners wearing out after relatively low mileage! I'm in my 50's now, and I don't want to spend my remaining biking years in the repair-shop! Besides which, new Harleys in Europe are NOT cheap, and I don't want to be throwing good money after bad!
Am I only hearing from the guys who've had problems? Are there loads of you out there who've had no (or few) probs but are keeping quiet?!
(Sorry, I'm sure this is not the right forum for these questions, but I'm new to this game!)

Welcome to the forum. As you have posted you only hear of the problems. Very seldom will you hear about the good long lasting motors.

Welcome to The Forum, you will hear alot of problems from alot of different folks on Forums:s

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am a relative newbie to the forum myself but it is very informative.I am also in my 50,s. Bought my Road King new. It's not a 103 as its an 09 model. However I have done 22,000 miles on it now and had no problems. I have it serviced each February and ride it most of the year (until the road gritters come out!). May do visit to the Battlefields of Normandy in the next couple of years as everyone tells me the roads in France are great to ride and mostly empty. All the best from Manchester UK. :D

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Welcome to the forum. you can go to a Chevrolet, BMW, or any make forum and read about problems. My Shovel head, Evo, and Twin Cam are so trouble free, I have to hang out on a forum to get my mechanical fix! :s

yes mate, the roads here are motorcycle heaven (apart from mobile speed-traps everywhere!), we're doing the battlefields this June as it's the 70th anniversary of the invasion, but if you come over next year, get in touch - be fun to do it again!

Back