free website stats program Bonehead Moves | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bonehead Moves

Dan,

Reading instructions top to bottom is for pansies. You did the right thing, even if it did cost you a few more bucks.:s

bonehead is my middle name! letts see i've done the "opps wrong drain plug thing"wired my rear turn signals up just allitle to long rear tire rubbed through the wire.(fixed that this morning the list goes on and on

same as her football team

Brian

Hey Brian, can't fault your gal for buying on looks...great looking bike, think even I would have bought into the "Siren Song" of impulse verses common sense (which is not so common by the way) and the football color is nice. Glad it was not "butcher red" I envisioned, but hey I like blue... :lero

Last edited:
Since I forgot to pack my bright coloured cable locks, I bought a nice black vinyl covered cable lock for my '09 Ultra on my first day of my vacation trip out to B.C. The first ten times I locked up the front wheel through the brake disc all was well since I'd driven into the parking spots.
Visiting the wife's relatives in Olds, Alberta, I'd parked out on the street,backed against the curb. The next morning I'd uncovered the bike and loaded our gear. The wife and I got on, started the bike, put 'er in gear , let out the clutch and before we'd gone a foot came to a dead stop and I managed to slow the fall sideways. Yep, forgot the flippin' cable lock. Luckily the damage to the bike was only a now perfectly U-curved brake lever and very slight scuff on the lower (and a very bruised pride).
Replacement brake lever cost me $40. And the black cable lock has been retired.

Back