Boggles The Mind

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by HDDon, Jun 16, 2016.

1. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Well now you can play Angry Birds while you're carving the twisties. An idea whose time has come? Distracted driving anyone???

Jeff Klarich likes this.
  2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

That's all we need, 1 more thing to distract us. I hope each state's DOT outlaws the use of this dangerous distraction.

HDDon likes this.
  3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I like the way you think Jeff but here in Florida we can't even get a ban on texting while driving.

Jack Klarich and Jeff Klarich like this.
  4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The problem with all this co-dependent, me me me electronic gizmos is there never is any talk that at 60 MPH you travel a football field in a second. So its a wonder that not more people are maimed or killed by distracted drivers who only care about themselves. As to law enforcement they are already overwhelmed and there hands are tied as to actually enforcing laws already on the books.... Also if the insurance companies on a whole cared they would lobby against all the electronics nowadays. They just raise rates to offset the cost of doing business and then all suffer. Just think how many times while riding your space is invaded by a distracted driver whose excuse would be I did not see him if you end up in a crash because of distracted driver...... I like the advertising ploy that its used as a safety device that allows both hands on the bars.
    Stupid does as stupid is and you can not fix stupid.

Jeff Klarich and HDDon like this.
  5. Jeff Klarich

I figured that would be a universal law across the country but I guess not.
    It will once somebody of any importance is killed by someone texting,
    Sad but that's what it takes!

6. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Here in the UK it has been illegal to touch a hand held phone whilst in control of a motor vehicle this includes instructors supervising a learner driver current penalty is £100 fine and 3 penalty points 12 penalty points = a driving ban penalty points are effective for 3 years and must be declared to insurance company insurance is mandatory for all vehicles

Personally I prefer to ride with as little distraction as possible phone goes in the pocket and forgotten about unless I need it I do not think I would appreciate the smart windshield I am on the bike to get away from technology

Brian

HDDon likes this.
  7. Jeff Klarich

Here on this side of the pond many of the states have similar laws Brian.
    As I said, the ones that don't will enact the law when someone of importance is killed by a distracted driver.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Or Grandparent rights

HDDon likes this.
  9. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

Texting while driving is illegal in Wisconsin,But seeing people texting anyway is common.

10. coopernicus

coopernicus Junior Member Contributor

See it all the time here. You can always tell when their head is down and to the side a little.