free website stats program Boggles The Mind | Harley Davidson Forums

Boggles The Mind

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Well now you can play Angry Birds while you're carving the twisties. An idea whose time has come? Distracted driving anyone???

That's all we need, 1 more thing to distract us. I hope each state's DOT outlaws the use of this dangerous distraction.

The problem with all this co-dependent, me me me electronic gizmos is there never is any talk that at 60 MPH you travel a football field in a second. So its a wonder that not more people are maimed or killed by distracted drivers who only care about themselves. As to law enforcement they are already overwhelmed and there hands are tied as to actually enforcing laws already on the books.... Also if the insurance companies on a whole cared they would lobby against all the electronics nowadays. They just raise rates to offset the cost of doing business and then all suffer. Just think how many times while riding your space is invaded by a distracted driver whose excuse would be I did not see him if you end up in a crash because of distracted driver...... I like the advertising ploy that its used as a safety device that allows both hands on the bars.
Stupid does as stupid is and you can not fix stupid.

I like the way you think Jeff but here in Florida we can't even get a ban on texting while driving.

I figured that would be a universal law across the country but I guess not.
It will once somebody of any importance is killed by someone texting,
Sad but that's what it takes!

Here in the UK it has been illegal to touch a hand held phone whilst in control of a motor vehicle this includes instructors supervising a learner driver current penalty is £100 fine and 3 penalty points 12 penalty points = a driving ban penalty points are effective for 3 years and must be declared to insurance company insurance is mandatory for all vehicles

Personally I prefer to ride with as little distraction as possible phone goes in the pocket and forgotten about unless I need it I do not think I would appreciate the smart windshield I am on the bike to get away from technology

Brian

Here on this side of the pond many of the states have similar laws Brian.
As I said, the ones that don't will enact the law when someone of importance is killed by a distracted driver.

Texting while driving is illegal in Wisconsin,But seeing people texting anyway is common.

Back