free website stats program Bobber Project | Harley Davidson Forums

Bobber Project

Gezzer Glide

Contributor
bobber.jpg
[/IMG]

Found this little jewel on Craigs list for $1500 :D. It's a 93 883/1200 conversion. Has mikuni 40 slide carb, buell t storm heads, forcewinder filter, cams, t bag and extra seats and brand new chrome primary cover. Very dirty been sitting outside under awning and tarp for 2 years. I will be having alot of questions for you sportster experts so stay tuned.

That is the same year as my sportster so i have a wee bit of knowledge about that age of sportster

Brian

Looking at Ronnie's Part finder they don't show a '93 1200 but do for a '94.They have the same part #'s as the '93 Rocker Box sections, all 3 pieces. So I would say they would work. I remember someone saying or I read somewhere that when doing a 883 conversion to a 1200 Not to use 1200 heads. Don't know the reason for it or the differences in the heads. Hope this helps.
tourbox

My parts list shows the same parts for the 883 and 1200 however as the heads are buell there may be some differences there i just don't know

Brian

Looking at Ronnie's Part finder they don't show a '93 1200 but do for a '94.They have the same part #'s as the '93 Rocker Box sections, all 3 pieces. So I would say they would work. I remember someone saying or I read somewhere that when doing a 883 conversion to a 1200 Not to use 1200 heads. Don't know the reason for it or the differences in the heads. Hope this helps.
tourbox

Stock 883 heads flow better than stock 1200 heads, but the Buel heads are the BOMB:s

IMG_0780_zps36397be0.jpg
[/IMG]

Starting to look like a bobber. Started with the front end. I am waiting for parts to rebuilt front forks, stinking Harley shop had no parts in stock. Got new bars and risers on, might go with a taller risers. Had a sportster tank laying around thought I might use it.

Back