free website stats program Bluing on my V&H long shot pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluing on my V&H long shot pipes

This is on my 03 Dyna super glide. I didn't notice it when I bought the bike, so I'm wondering if it due to something I'm doing?
The bluing is on the top pipe right above the lower pipe. Anyway to remove the bluing?

I have bluing on mine as well, but the heat shields cover most of it. I really don't think you're going to eliminate bluing completely but i've heard a better grade of chroming helps.

Some have said bluing is caused by running to rich but i'm not so sure about that.

Thanks. I've been told that others riding behind me at say a stop light, that my exhaust stinks like gas.
The bike runs great so I'm not sure what's up

Thanks. I've been told that others riding behind me at say a stop light, that my exhaust stinks like gas.
The bike runs great so I'm not sure what's up

Is your bike stock? are you running a fuel management system? Usually a stock Harley runs on the lean side and it shouldn't smell gassy.

Is your bike stock? are you running a fuel management system? Usually a stock Harley runs on the lean side and it shouldn't smell gassy.

I looked at paper work and it says that it had a cylinders honed, new valves, cams, rings, hybrid oil pump. It didn't say if anything was high performance.the oil pump was upgraded with a screaming eagle kit.. I don't smell the gas, just what others are saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has a fuel management system like a Dobeck tuner it may be tucked under the seat. As I said, Harley's tend to run to lean and a gassy smell in the exhaust could indicate a rich mixture using a tuner.

Back