free website stats program Bluetooth | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth

Fireguy

Ok..I know that the phone is probably a sin when it comes to riding, but just as a considerate gesture to the people that care about us here we go. Has anyone put the bluetooth through the stereo of a UC and if so how does it work? I like the idea of keeping my family's piece of mind at ease. It's a little hard to answer the phone at 75 mph.

personally, my family knows that I will not have the phone on while riding. I faithfully turn it on every time I stop to stretch, gas up, rehydrate, anything. For me it's too slippery a slope from "I'll just have the phone on to see who's calling" to "I'll only answer if it's family" to "what the heck, a quick text message at 80 MPH is well within my capabilities."

For you, I'm sure someone has some experience in this particular hookup. Be careful out there!

Ok..I know that the phone is probably a sin when it comes to riding, but just as a considerate gesture to the people that care about us here we go. Has anyone put the bluetooth through the stereo of a UC and if so how does it work? I like the idea of keeping my family's piece of mind at ease. It's a little hard to answer the phone at 75 mph.

I have an 08 and I like to use my phone to keep in touch when I drive ( even at 80 mph) ( and I don't care who agrees with using phone :phoneon bike or not, My Choice:D) but I don't like the Ultra's communication system The factory communication system IMHO leaves a lot to be desired and I have invested a lot in buying other headsets and an extra HD headset and I just didn't like the audio and had a hard time hearing phone and passenger so I bought a BlueAnt bluetooth headset that connects directly to my Sprint M1 phone and it's just a one touch to answer or can just use your voice. And, it's nice that you can walk a few hundred feet away and still talk. " no cords to unplug" :Banane13:

Smitty and I think alike on a lot of things, this included. It's absolutely amazing to think that our society ever functioned without cell phones, GPS, $3 coffee, etc. Many techno advancements are great but many are just tech for tech's sake.

I run an Autocom Active Plus Duo com system. You can plug in phone, GPS, bike to bike, CB, radar detector, and music. It works flawlessly at 90 mph (they advertise it up to 180mph). You can buy a bluetooth module for it also, but I just plug my phone into it under my seat and set the phone to auto answer. That way I can only receive calls. It is voice activated and automatically turns down your music when you talk to your passenger or get a phone call. I wear a FF helmet and people can't even tell that I am riding down the interstate when they call me.

I agree with vibratingharley; there are several reasons to have a usable gadget like this.

Among other, when you stop and go; you....suddenly realize that forgot to review your mobile and maby return a lost call (really it happens!! -at least to me-); returning a call three hours later, can be unbelieveble for a lovely wife as mine!; maby you are feeling so happy admiring that spectacular place, that road that recalls you that unique person, and you may be heared just to say "I love you" only with a pushed button.

Definetely, the best comment I'd received is from intercomunication between phone and a headseat (not through the stereo)

(Sorry for the typos -or the ignorance of english-)

I'm not much for a phone...But I purchased a Tom Tom Rider2 with Scala headset that comes with it. I have a bluetooth Phone that stays in the Saddle bag hooked to a charger......This is the cats meow.........I can answer calls and carry on a conversation with out any porblem doing 75........The party on the other end does not even notice any wind noise..........I do have a windshield on my Road King.

Obviously, everyone's got an opinion on this issue and I'm firmly in the minority. I don't care how fancy and hands free your set up is, an unexpected incoming call at exactly the wrong moment could be distracting enough to have disastrous consequences. I taught both my teenage daughters the same thing when learning to drive cars. Do they talk on the phone while driving? I'm sure they do but hopefully it's minimized by what we discussed.

An incoming call sounds exactly like your pillion talking to you. No ring or anything, just a reduction in music volume and a hello. Not very distracting, I don't think. At least not near as distracting as looking at a GPS mounted on your handlebars. I've been using the Autocom with phone set up on my last two bikes for over 100,000 miles without incident.

Re: Bluetooth - Phone - Ultra

Folks I have really great setup to share with you. I use the Garmin Zumo 550 and the scala rider Q2 team set. You could also use the chatter box set, but I have the scala rider for it's noise cancelation. Anyway, you pair your phone with the zumo and then your Q2 with the Zumo. The zumo will pull in your phone's phone book and allow you to make calls, answer calls, and look up numbers via the Zumo screen interface. It all pipes to the Q2 headset. Works really great and not distracting at all.:naughty

Right now, I'm looking for a way to integrate the headset with the HD communications system. If anyone knows of a way.

Back