free website stats program Bluetooth | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth

bigcletus

I have a Garmin Road tech 660 Gps on the bike. While riding my iphone notifies me of incoming telephone calls. Is there way to configure it to notify of email and/or text messages??

Thanks

I would just have to ask WHY? When I ride I throw my phone in the trunk on the bike and check it at my next stop. I like to leave all distractions behind while I'm on the road and enjoy the ride even if it's just on the way to work.

I would just have to ask WHY? When I ride I throw my phone in the trunk on the bike and check it at my next stop. I like to leave all distractions behind while I'm on the road and enjoy the ride even if it's just on the way to work.

I agree, but I long ago figured out that many people just can't be out of touch for one minute. I'm not one of them. Like you, I turn my phone off when I'm riding and only turn it on to check for voice mails and messages when I stop for gas or food.

I get mad enough at people in 4 wheel vehicles texting and reading emails at 50MPH and up. I don't know what I'd do if I actually witnessed someone on a bike doing either of these things.

With the difficulty as it is with trying to ride with the cages not paying attention while driving, why increase your distractions by i phoning while riding and being unable to avoid a dangerous situation. Is not the reason we ride is to get away from all the distractions in life??????? Just a thought.

Back