Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by bigcletus, Mar 12, 2011.

1. bigcletus

bigcletus Active Member

I have a Garmin Road tech 660 Gps on the bike. While riding my iphone notifies me of incoming telephone calls. Is there way to configure it to notify of email and/or text messages??

Thanks

2. Trek

Trek Junior Member

I would just have to ask WHY? When I ride I throw my phone in the trunk on the bike and check it at my next stop. I like to leave all distractions behind while I'm on the road and enjoy the ride even if it's just on the way to work.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I agree, but I long ago figured out that many people just can't be out of touch for one minute. I'm not one of them. Like you, I turn my phone off when I'm riding and only turn it on to check for voice mails and messages when I stop for gas or food.

I get mad enough at people in 4 wheel vehicles texting and reading emails at 50MPH and up. I don't know what I'd do if I actually witnessed someone on a bike doing either of these things.

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

With the difficulty as it is with trying to ride with the cages not paying attention while driving, why increase your distractions by i phoning while riding and being unable to avoid a dangerous situation. Is not the reason we ride is to get away from all the distractions in life??????? Just a thought.

1 person likes this.