free website stats program Bluetooth Headset - Half Helmets | Harley Davidson Forums

Bluetooth Headset - Half Helmets

israguard

Hi Guys,
I got permission to post this. I stumbled upon thi late yesterday while researching a bluetooth headset for my full face helmet.

I always wanted to know what can I get for when I use my half helmet. I don't have the audio built into my bike & this is what I was hoping someone would have.

For those of you who ride with half helmets... I think this is very cool. Take a peak and let me know what you think.

Again, I just surfed and found this. I do not know these folks, never contacted them etc.

Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom for Motorcycles - SMH10

They look pretty cool, not sure about them staying on without a helmet though. Unless the laws in Fl have changed it is illigal to wear headsets while operating any motor vehicle.

Hi,
Its not yet available for purchase... but second it is I will get it. Its very cool as there isnt anything out there as far as I know for half helmets. There are 3/4 helmets that you could attach the full face models to.. but this looks perfect for 1/2 helmets. Also, the round knob design looks very cool and easy to deal with when you have gloves on. Rgds, Shawn

One of the guys I ride with has a wired version of what looks like the same headset. Seems to work well for him.

Those would be nice to have for longer trips with the wife (at least you can turn them off) , wonder what the price is gonna be?

Florida does have a law against wearing full head sets, but the add says at the bottom to take off one side , so both ears arent covered.

I have a full helmet and I have the scala rider Q2.
The older version of this one Motorcycle communication set up for two

It came as a set. Already Paired.
So the wife and I can talk bike to bike.

It's great. Works with my Iphone too, for calls.

I think the newer ones have a longer distance and will do stereo bluetooth.
So you an listed wirelessly to an Iphone or other bluetooth mp3 player. scala rider

I have a full helmet and I have the scala rider Q2.
The older version of this one Motorcycle communication set up for two

It came as a set. Already Paired.
So the wife and I can talk bike to bike.

It's great. Works with my Iphone too, for calls.

I think the newer ones have a longer distance and will do stereo bluetooth.
So you an listed wirelessly to an Iphone or other bluetooth mp3 player. scala rider

I've got these same ones. They work great on my Scorpion EXO-100 half helmet too!!

My buddy and I recently co-bought a G4 Scala Powerset which comes factory-paired. The headset is installed in my HD helmet and works through Bluetooth with iPhone, MP3, GPS and other G4 (also perhaps older versions but I'm not sure) headsets. It also has an FM radio and you can pre-set your favourite radio stations. The volume automatically increases as riding/wind noise increases. There is very little wind noise from the microphone even on an open face lid at 60-70mph. We've been very impressed with it and it'll be very handy for our big ride down to Austria and the Alps next month :D.

I and wife wear viper rsv131 flip front full face helmets these have bluetooth built into the helmet it is possible to pair the helmets and use as an intercom and should have a range of 500 yards so far works well i also have it paired to my mobile phone
when i answer the phone it kills the intercom and when you stop the call intercom comes back on

Brian

Back