free website stats program Blue Ridge Pkwy Starting Today | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue Ridge Pkwy Starting Today

ironmark

I am here in Royal Front VA right now , After 641 miles of hard riding and some wind & sunburn I arrived here last night around 6:30 so I decided to get a room and dinner and start out fresh for a great day of riding . I decided to do the complete route of the BRPW & then head into Tenn to do the tail of the dragon . I am looking forward to a great riding adventure & I hope that all goes well if anyone has some helpful tips about the route I would be thankful . :D

It's a GREAT ride... my wife and I have done it many times.... Since it's Wednesday the Dragon should not be very busy.. I suggest the first time just ride it and keep your eyes on the road. If time permits and you can ride it again you will be relaxed to look around a little. The Parkway is a great way to ride and relax and enjoy GOD'S handiwork... Have a safe trip

Being a Va. native. I'm sure he meant to say Front Royal, Va.

Bodeen

Just did the dragon myself a couple of weeks ago and I can say you will for sure have a great time. Be safe.

Being a Va. native. I'm sure he meant to say Front Royal, Va.

Bodeen

You are right that is what I meant to say . I made it to Roanoke VA last night after a great day of riding & sight seeing . The ride has been great so far and the weather is good , I am looking forward to another great day of riding . :rider:D

Wife and I are going to ride the Dragon and BRPW in 3 weeks. Its our first time on both.

Then ride up to New York and head up to Lake Placid. Come around to Niagara and if we get time we'll go up into Michigan and take the ferry across Lake Michigan into Wisconsin and come home from the north vs. riding thru Chicago.

Probably around 14 days is what we're planning.

Have a great and safe ride!

Back