free website stats program blue passing lights | Harley Davidson Forums

blue passing lights

poohbear

I'm looking for a set of 'blue passing lamps'. I'm always in the rear, a sweeper for most rides, but sometimes the guys in front can not see what bike I am.....blue passing lights should work. Anyone know where to get some? HD shop over here won't order them and can't find any on ebay......any help would be nice.

I'm looking for a set of 'blue passing lamps'. I'm always in the rear, a sweeper for most rides, but sometimes the guys in front can not see what bike I am.....blue passing lights should work. Anyone know where to get some? HD shop over here won't order them and can't find any on ebay......any help would be nice.

Blue is usually for emegencey vehicles here, dont know if they are available to the public

Perhaps a different bulb may be the answer a blue one

Brian

Instead of blue, how about a modulating head lamp? or a loud safety vest (green or orange)? I think the vest would also increase visability for cars behind since you are the sweeper.

I received a warning for using blue running lights on my bike, was also told I couldn't use red or green. I understand the blue & red, but the green didn't make any sense to me. However, I won't question it. Could be different laws for different states, but I would guess all states prohibit blue and red.

I like these ideas, both the modulating headlight (not a bad idea even for everyday cruising!) and the safety vest. The only problem I foresee there , is that with bigger groups will it be hard to see the vest WAY back there without too much time being taken to scan your mirror??? Maybe a vest worn every so many riders? like so you have one for every 25 or so riders? Then each vest wearer would be watching for the one behind him. (or her) In the event of a needed stop, eventually the message would get to the leader. That would result in multiple groups of riders pulled over instead of a large group. Would that be safer? Our veterans have opinios on that aspect I'm sure.

Might be a good idea for a section here in our forum - Ride Tips. (or is there already one, and I missed it?) As riders see different ideas that work (or don't) they could be posted to a managable format that could be printed easily and used when organizing runs. As a newby to 'benefit runs' last year, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend one well organized run before hosting one myself. I picked up a lot of good pointers that day. I even carried a pad and made notes every time we stopped on what I observed.

I received a warning for using blue running lights on my bike, was also told I couldn't use red or green. I understand the blue & red, but the green didn't make any sense to me. However, I won't question it. Could be different laws for different states, but I would guess all states prohibit blue and red.

Here in NYS, green lights are used as courtesy lights for ambulance personel and such.

In Fl blue lights can only be used by "official vehicles". When we ride in a group my wifes trike is in the rear, our road captain says its not the size of her trike it's the extra lights on the bottom of the front fairing and on the rear fenders in front of the rear wheels. You might look into some extra lighting to set you apart from the rest of the group. It also gives you great road lighting at night.

You can get yellow sealed beams for the passing lights that will look different.
Is this for riding in the UAE, or Colorado?

Back