free website stats program Blue Denim Street Glide (how does this paint look) | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue Denim Street Glide (how does this paint look)

escorial

I'm looking at a Blue Demin bike on Ebay but I really can not tell what that pait is like? I tried a few local dealers and nobody has one. I looked at a fed HD sites and have heard that the denim colors are not allowed to be polished or waxed otherwise you may ruin the finish.

Should I stay away from these finishes? Does anyone think that this is a good color?

TIA,

I have an '08 FatBob in Black Denium. Love it. I take a wet baby diaper and wipe it clean. DO NOT WAX IT. DO NOT POLISH IT. They say it's to wear like a pair of jeans. With black flake paint on the side covers and engine, black denium front and back fenders, and lots of chrome, I think the denium paint is awesome. Just care take of it. I'm anal about my bike. Don't touch or you will get oil from your fingers on it. But really, it's no harder to take care of, it's the care taken not to bang it (your helmet) or lay anything against it which will put a mark on the tank. But after you spend 3 to 4 hours cleaning your denium bike, you'll stand back and say I'm glad I choose the Denium.

My Night Train has black denim paint and it's super easy to take care of. The HD manual says use an ammonia based cleaner (windex) and NO WAX OR POLISH. All that means is wash your bike, dry your bike and polish your chrome.

I purchased a Denim Blue 2008 FLHX in the spring, and like the paint. After 16,000 miles the paint remains easy to clean and trouble free providing you follow the factory cleaning procedures.

The denim paint helps to make the mechanical components and chrome stand out, if that's the look your going for.

I had the bike pinstriped by a hot rod guy in California (fender, batwing fairing, tank, bags) to give it a bit of an "Old School" look (to use an overused term). The pinstripers seem to like to work with the denim style of paint.

I seen a two year old black denium bike before I bought mine. It was darker in spots. It's suppose to wear like a pair of jeans. The sun will fade the color and change it's look over time. I just think the look against the chrome is awesome. Just don't scratch it. But then again, you wouldn't want to scratch your paint either. No difference in the care other than you don't polish. Once you clean it, don't touch it. Oil from your fingers will mark it. I"m anal like that anyway. Nobody puts there fingers on my baby.

Blue denim was actually the color I was considering until I found the 08 black demo model with 300 miles on it. The savings changed my mind. I really like the denim colors.

It really shows off the chrome. Waxed shiny paint takes away from the chrome. The Black Denium sets off the chrome. You can tell, I'm a chrome guy.

Back