Blowers for Bikes

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by dogdad, Dec 15, 2008.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Are the "heated blowers" such as the "Blaster" really work that well to spend the $229 to $375 or so? I know Glider has said good things about them,,,any body else use these? I have used the yard blower already and really don't like using it on my bike.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I have an Air shammy that is working very well for me and is just a tad over $100. It has a 15' power cord and a 10' hose. Also has a plastic body so you should not get electrocuted if it gets wet.

4. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Just called the calcarcover company and that $189 unit is a vacuum and blower. The Metro Blaster is $229,,think I'll go for that one,don't want it to vacuum,,,,,going to call around to compare price. The reason I'm buying one is because of the water spots I had last time from washing,,,,and it's another Christmas gift from me to me:reyes

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

The Sidekick Blaster does a real nice job for under $100.

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Don't be fooled the vac/blower is a better unit. The blower you only get the housing with one end on it and an open filter in the other end with a larger diameter hose than the vac only unit. The vac has one end that comes off making it the same as the blower. As long as it is the 4 HP model get the vac/blower unit for the $189 if it is the metro unit. That's the one I have.
    The vac/blower end comes off to remove the dust bag and the bag and the end doesn't get used if it is used as a blower only.

[​IMG] Vac/blower

[​IMG]Blower

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008